Council on the Ageing (COTA) Queensland works collaboratively to advance the rights, needs, interests, and futures of Queenslanders as we age.
We see significant opportunity across government and industry sectors to better understand the importance of older people as broad consumers, not just recipients of welfare and aged care services and we work to influence legislation, Government policies and programs, and community attitudes.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced research assistant with a knowledge of ageing and the aged care sector. Your primary role will be to analyse and track issues to inform our programs, policy and advocacy, communications and advice to Government.
This role supports COTA Queensland’s systemic advocacy activities and will include:
- Literature and grey literature search and critical review including experience with library databases and search
- Data collection, including through surveys and discussion groups and interviews.
- Complete data extraction and maintenance of relevant databases.
- Undertake selected qualitative and basic quantitative data analysis, with guidance from the Chief Executive and senior program staff.
- Contribute to peer-reviewed submissions, policy position papers, policy briefs, publications, reports and briefing papers.
- Other duties as directed by the Chief Executive
What you bring
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills including report writing
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Attention to detail
- Experience with referencing and in-text citation
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data analysis programs, Microsoft 365 and referencing software such as Zotero
- Demonstrated ability to identify and understand key ageing issues and the needs and interests of people as they age
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to principles of diversity and inclusion
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and changing context including working across diverse topic areas and tasks
This position is paid in accordance with the SCHADS award and provides flexible working hours for people who are seeking to work the equivalent of 4 days per week. The initial contract is for 6 months with the possibility for extension.
COTA Queensland is a Public Benevolent Institution which enables successful candidates to salary package for tax benefits.
Our office is located on level 6, 10 Market Street, Brisbane.
Applications including a letter and CV should sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than close of business Monday 12th April 2021.