COTA Queensland has been participating in a number of the International Federation of Ageing (IFA) Virtual Town Hall series over the past few months. Topics have included:
- COVID-19 and Older People – What it takes to be an advocate
- COVID-19 and Older People – Opportunities to combat ageism
- COVID-19 and Older People – Ageism in the Health Workforce
- COVID-19 and Older People – An Age-friendly Perspective
- COVID-19 and Older People – A Human Rights Perspective
A full list of sessions and recordings is available at ifa.ngo/ifa-virtual-town-hall-resources
It is COTA Queensland’s intention to hold a Virtual Town Hall meeting before the end of this year to discuss the issues for older Queenslanders during COVID-19. Stay tuned for details.